Progress Monitoring is a way to integrate assessment and intervention within a schoolwide, multi-level prevention system to maximize student achievement and reduce behavior problems.
- Fidelity of Implementation: Selecting and Implementing Evidence-Based Practices and Programs
- Selecting Evidence-Based Tools and Programs for Implementing Response to Intervention
- What does it take to Implement MTSS (Multi-Tiered System of Support): Finding PD Resources to Support Implementation
- Get the Information You Need: How to Design Educator Evaluation Studies for Continuous Improvement
- Equity and PBIS
- Fidelity and Implementation Resources
- IDEA Success Gaps Toolkit
- An Equity Lens for Early Warning Systems: Monthly Data Team Meetings
- Teacher and Administrative Self-Assessments
- DiPaola, M. & Walther-Thomas, C. (2003). Principals and Special Education: The Critical Role of School Leaders (COPPSE Document No. IB-7). Gainesville, FL: University of Florida, Center on Personnel Studies in Special Education. Available at: http://www.personnelcenter.org/pdf/copsse_principals.pdf
- Kowalski, T. J., Lasley II, T. J., & Mahoney, J. W. (2008). Data Driven Decisions and School Leadership: Best Practices for School Improvement. Boston, MA: Pearson/Allyn & Bacon.
- Kozleski, E. B. & Zion, S. (2006). Preventing Disproportionality by Strengthening District Policies and Procedures: An Assessment and Strategic Planning Process. Washington, D.C.: National Center for Culturally Responsive Education Systems. Available at: http://www.k12.wa.us/SpecialEd/programreview/Monitoring/Disapportionality/PreventingDisproportionalityNCCREStrubric.pdf
- Preuss, P. G. (2003). School Leader's Guide to Root Cause Analysis: Using Data to Dissolve Problems. New York, NY: Routledge.
- Safer, N. & Fleischman, S. (2005). Research Matters/How Student Progress Monitoring Improves Instruction. Educational Leadership, 62(5), 81-83. Available at: http://courses.edtechleaders.org/documents/data_decision/safer.pdf
- Stecker, P. M., Lembke, E. S., & Foegen, A. (2008). Using Progress-Monitoring Data to Improve Instructional Decision Making. Preventing School Failure: Alternative Education for Children and Youth, 52(2), 48-58.